Bitmain Antminer S9 HiveOS firmware, how to overclock Antminer S9
As we know very well hiveOS is one of the leading mining software and monitoring provider. It is very advanced and has a lot of features to modify and monitor mining rigs. If you don’t know how to start using hiveOS we have installation guide here. They do support also Asic miner monitoring and control.
Their software is very useful , specially if you do have a large mining farm. It makes your life much easier, previously we have used other mining monitoring. Ethos, simplemining and others, but always with these software you had some kind of issue (problem with drivers, late on new miner releases, limited updates , limited monitoring). Hiveos is really next level mining software everyone should use, so recently they have released their firmware for Bitmain antminer S9. So we took it and tested what is the performance like.
Hiveos seems like advanced software but it is quite easy to use, but of course you need little practice. Same like bought new car and need to used to it, same thing here.
- So first of all you need to connect miner to your hiveOS account , to do that it is quite easy. You need to logon to your Antminer S9 trough putty or similar ssh tool, default username always is root and password is admin.
- When you have logged in Antminer S9 replace your_hash_from_web (you can find your farm hash in your hiveos farm settings) and paste in this piece of code in console cd /tmp && curl -L –insecure -s -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/minershive/hiveos-asic/master/hive/bin/selfupgrade && FARM_HASH=your_hash_from_web sh selfupgrade
- It will take few seconds and miner will show up in your hiveOS account. After that you can change miner username if you would like also in miner settings.
- Next up is create a wallet (for example if you will be mining on slush pool, your wallet will be slushpool.com username).
- Create flights sheet, you can connect your miner to mining pool directly without login in to your miner. Like its done traditionally on Bitmain asic miners.
- Upgrade your miner with hiveos firmware, you can do this directly from your hiveos account.
- Apply overclocking to you miner. They have this feature auto chip tuning, where you choose mining speed. And the miner will auto configure every miner separate, by testing its performance to apply most optimum overclock. But be aware if you are overclocking to much, you might need a bigger powersupply and your miner could overheat. If you don’t have any cooling for your farm.
Checkout the video testing: